Parent-Teacher Conference: Questions to Ask
Want to make the most of Parent-Teacher Conferences?
Check out my article on Confident Parents Confident Kids!
Keep these questions handy for your next parent-teacher conference!
Focus on PROGRESS:
- In which areas has my child shown (or not shown) progress since you’ve known him/her?
- How do you measure progress?
- What might be holding my child back from progressing? (i.e. knowledge, skill, confidence, motivation, self-discipline, focus)
- What does progress look like for my child?
Assess academic, social, emotional, behavioral PERFORMANCE:
- Is my child performing at grade level?
- How does my child do in social situations with peers?
- How does my student contribute to the class atmosphere?
- In what subject does my child struggle/excel?
- In what kinds of activities has my child performed particularly well?
- Does my child get easily frustrated? Can you give me an example of the context?
Strength home-school PARTNERSHIP:
- Are there anything you'd like to know about my child outside of school?
- What can I do at home to support what is being done at school?
- What’s the best way to communicate with you?