Download everything you need:
- Printable Individual Chore Chart
- Household Habit Sheet
- Speed Bingo Handouts
- Five Games to build habits and household harmony (easy directions):
- Each player randomly draws a pink card. Complete the task described on the card to collect the points*. Return the card to the deck and fill out your individual or household chore chart.
- Repeat for six more days (7 pink cards total).
- On the 7th day, add up all your points. The player with the highest total wins! 🙌
*Points: the number on each card indicate task difficulty level. Cards with an Ace are worth 1 point, cards with a 2 are worth 2 points, and so on up to the King card which is worth 13 points.
😎 More Ways to Win - this must be decided before the start of the game!
- Player with the highest odd number.
- Player with the highest multiples of 3.
- Player with the highest prime number.
- Player with the closest predicted total.
🔥 Spice Up the Game by Adding Some Heat: everyone chips in money (ex: $2 each) to create a winning pot. The player who emerges victorious takes home the cash prize.
🧑🏿🤝🧑🏻 Cooperative Play: divide players into teams. The team with the most points at the end of the 7 days wins.
💪 All You Can Chore: each day, players can draw up to three extra cards to complete, and collect the points.
💯 Bonus Points: players can earn 3 extra points for completing their card task before a certain time (ex: before 6pm).
- Each player randomly draws 2 pink cards and complete the task, returns the cards back to the deck. Fill out the individual or household habit sheet.
- Complete the same two card tasks for six more consecutive days. If a player fails to complete their tasks for the day, they must draw 2 new pink cards to add them to their daily habit juggle.
- On the 7th day, the player with the fewest cards wins - and gets to choose 3 blue cards for the player(s) with the most cards to complete.
If everyone's tied: kick it up by playing a round with 3 pink cards each day (instead of two). And if that doesn't do it, keep piling on the tasks until someone cracks (or becomes a superhero)! Let the games begin!
SPEED BINGOMaterials Needed:
- Pink and Blue Life Skills cards
- Speed Bingo sheets (download)
- Pen/pencil, writing paper
- Clock or timer
- Each player takes a Speed Bingo sheet.
- Spread all the pink and blue cards face down.
- Each player draws a card. Complete the task to check it off on the bingo sheet. Return the card to the public pile (face down).
- Keep drawing and completing cards until a player gets a bingo - and passes inspection by other players.
- Before starting, you can take out the cards that do not apply.
- To encourage flexibility and creativity: card activities on the bingo sheet offer additional choices.
The numbers on the cards indicate age-appropriate difficulty levels. Quick reference:
- use Ace to 6
- Ages 8-9:use Ace to 8
- Ages 10+:use all cards (be sure to monitor hot/sharp surfaces if the player is new to the activity!!!)
SLAPJACK & SNAP
- Play a round of Slapjack. The winner gets to assign everyone else 3 pink cards to complete for the week! (how to play Slapjack)
- Play a round of Snap. The winner gets to assign everyone else 1 blue card - and if they lost in Slapjack earlier, they get to assign their 3 pink cards to another person! (how to play Snap)
Slapjack: Players take turns flipping cards. If a jack appears, the first to slap it takes the pile. Win by collecting all the cards.
Snap: Players take turns placing their cards onto a central pile and saying "snap" when two cards match. The first person to run out of cards is the winner.
SHARE THE CARE
Each player selects a card from the following suits (3 cards total):
- Hearts: select a task you'd like to do for yourself.
- Spades: select a task you'd like to do for someone else.
- Clubs: select a task you'd like to do for the household.